“Don’t let the door hit your backside on the way out.”
If I could say that to 2011 I would. This has been a “memorable” year and I don’t mean that in a good way. Actually the last two years have been less than good. I want to change that in 2012. Some of it was waaay out of my control. I lost two good, highly trained dogs to cancer, lost my job, and generally didn’t do much. But I did get a new job, finished a couple projects and went to Stringtopia.
I’ve also planned some goals for 2012. These are how I posted them on Ravelry:
- Weave more. My looms have been too silent.
- Knit more. Make more time for knitting.
- Spin more. I havn’t felt much like spinning. Even when I was laid off, I did pathetically little spinning. Time to figure out why I’ve been so apathetic (other than depression).
- Train more. Not just the dogs (who need it) but also others. I’ve been too silent with offering advice and observations.
- Live more. I have a marker that shows how depressed I am. I realize now when I start playing solitaire, I’m sinking into depression. It usually starts with boredom. Seriously, there is a lot I can do to keep busy, but it’s easier to play solitaire sometimes.
How do I know if I’m reaching these goals? Well, I have to keep track and that’s something I actually LIKE doing. I love dates and spread sheets and paper binders. Statistics I consider a friend, not an enemy. I don’t have much of a baseline for the weaving and spinning, and offering advice, but I do for the dog training.
Speaking of dog training, we also have a new addition to the herding crew.
Meet Emsket’s Diamond In The Ruff aka Shiloh. A dog rescued from neglect only to have that family have to give him up due to his fear of the children. He’s still very much here on a trial basis. He has a lot to learn to live in a household with other dogs. We are happy to have another Aussie in the house, but not happy about some of his behaviors.
But for the most part he is a perfectly normal Australian Shepherd down to helping me geocache. What’s that on his head? It’s a head collar called a Gentle Leader and I’m using it because he pulls like a mule on lead.
This looks a bit fuzzy because it is a bit fuzzy. It’s Camembert ripening. It’s a mold ripened cheese and I hope it will be ready soon.
Tonight I will welcome in the New Year with open arms. Come on 2012 and please don’t suck!